Monday, February 15, 2010

Adidas.com



I came across a very interesting web site today, http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/styleessentials2010/content/default.aspx. This site brings a trendy idea to a major company. There combination of hand drawn design and viewer interaction is somewhat unexpected from this company. I do enjoy the style of design but I don't really see the connection. The design reminds me that of the intro to Juno. I understand that this hand made style is "in" but this does not seem the appropriate application.

On the other hand, the interactive aspect of the design is tremendous. It is done very smooth and it is very inviting. I feel they could have taken this same idea and went a different route. I can picture the crushing of an old worn out street unveils colorful well-illustrated solutions. I will say good work Adidas design team, but just not the way I would have executed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment