Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Look at all the colors


In Web 2 I am assigned to redesign Ms. Ling's web site (www.lingscars.com). This site is full of bells, whistles, lights, cartoons, and basically anything that can possibly distract you from the actual intent of leasing a car. One would have to assume that this is not the best for business. I find it very difficult to take this serious, not to mention trust this lady with my money.

As a designer asked to redo this site, I must determine what the viewer needs, along with keeping the interest of my client (Ms. Ling). There is a lot that needs done with this site. All of the distractions need to be eliminated. There will be no more blinking or random colors appearing throughout the site. Also, I must make good use of the negative space, therefore, the viewer will be able to breathe. On the other hand, Ms. Ling has a sense of humor. I will need to address that since she would be the one signing my paycheck.

My solution to will include a clean well-executed design that has easy to use navigation. I will explore ways to keep Ms. Ling's cheesy sense of humor, but not with bright flashing lights, but maybe in a more subtle way. I will find a way to express her in a clean design.

No comments:

Post a Comment