Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Identity: Walmart




The world of Walmart is a very successful and powerful one. Whether you are against this major corporation or just love the way Miley Cirus' clothing line helps your figure, the design team is doing a nice job. They have taken this one-stop-shop to a new level. This is not a store for you to just buy discounted goods, but it has become it's own lifestyle. I remember growing-up and if you shopped at Walmart you were considered poor. Now, it is an accepted place in society. The look of Walmart is very contemporary and up to date, and it competes very heavily with the strong aesthetic from Target. I will admit I understand that this store is killing the small time industry but I find myself every once in a blue moon making my way through the isle.

No comments:

Post a Comment